The Embroidery and Beadwork professional course is an intensive 3 months programme in which our students will learn the various techniques of hand embroidery and bead embellishments. This course will enable our students to explore a variety of stitches and beading techniques which will develop their abilities to create unique imagery by hand. At the end of the course, our students are expected to combine their learning techniques to create an embroidery and beadwork product. This course is ideal for those who wish to brush up their skills in embroidery and beadwork or are beginners in the art.
The professional course is a 3 months intensive programme and is available in English and Cantonese.
Students with a good command of English are eligible to apply to the English programme.
No previous knowledge in pattern making & sewing is required.
- Introduction to Embroidery
- Culture and Historical studies on Embroidery
- Hand Embroidery Stitches
- Decorative Embroidery Art
- Introduction to Beadwork
- Culture and Historical studies on Beadwork
- Beadwork Techniques
- Decorative Beadwork Art
- Pattern Design Development
- Textile and Material Studies
- Creative Approach
- Manipulating Embroidery and Beadwork Techniques
- Product Design
- Embroidery and Beadwork Short Course (English)
- Class code: EB15E
- Course commencement: - (every Thursday)
- Time: -
- Duration: (11 classes)
- Course fees: HKD$ 1,080/month*
*Note: Materials are provided for students.